The town mayor and deputy town mayor are elected by their fellow councillors at the annual town council meeting, usually held during May each year, at the beginning of the new municipal year.
During the municipal year, the town mayor and deputy town mayor will undertake many civic engagements. They represent the town council at events, within the town, county and surrounding area.
|Saturday 29th June 2019
1300 – 1600
Dig In Community Allotment, Pasture Road, Stapleford NG9 8HZ
|The Town Mayor and the Deputy Town Mayor will be attending the Strawberry Cream Teas and games on the Lawn event.|
|Thursday 4th July 2019
|The Town Mayor will be attending Awards Night at Stapleford Boys Brigade|
|Friday 5th July||The Town Mayor will be attending the Official opening of Play Area at Hickings Lane Recreation Ground.|
|Tuesday 30th July 2019
1200 – 1600
Ilkeston Road Recreation Ground.
|The Town Mayor will be attending the Stapleford Playday|
|Tuesday 3rd September – 11:00
|Fly the Red Ensign for Merchant Navy Day||Mayor attending.|
|Saturday 21st September – 18:30
Cleve Lodge, Long Eaton NG10 4LR
|Annual Stapleford & Sandiacre Squadron Dining-in-Night||Mayor attending.|
Below is a list of the type of events attended by The Town Mayor:
- Chairing the Town Council
- Presenting flowers, from the Town Council to residents who are celebrating a special birthday or anniversary*
- Attending Civic Services
- Switching on the Christmas Tree Lights
- Attending Remembrance Services
- Judging Competitions
- Meeting Young People at various clubs youth events**
- Meeting More Mature Members of the Community at various clubs and events**
- Presenting cheques following charity fundraising events
- Opening the Carnival, Hemlock Happening, Fetes, etc.
- Visiting Schools
- Attending Civic Balls, Concerts etc
* If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the town clerk.
** If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the town clerk on 0115 939 1818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
*** If you would like the town mayor to visit your club for a special event or just to see what you get up to please contact the town clerk.
The Town Council is delighted to mark the following:
- Wedding Anniversaries – 50, 60, 70 and more years.
- Birthdays – 90, 100 and more years.