The town mayor and deputy town mayor are elected by their fellow councillors at the annual town council meeting, usually held during May each year, at the beginning of the new municipal year.
During the municipal year, the town mayor and deputy town mayor will undertake many civic engagements. They represent the town council at events, within the town, county and surrounding area.
|** WEATHER PERMITTING
Saturday 11th January – 13:00
Hickings Lane Recreation Ground.
|Opening of the football ground||**Mayor attending|
|Sunday 12th January – 13:00
St Helen’s Church Hall
|Inspire Magazine’s Lunch||Mayor attending.|
|Monday 27th January – 10:50
Bramcote Hills Park, Ilkeston Road, Bramcote, Nottingham NG9 3JT
|Holocaust Memorial Day||Mayor attending.|
|Thursday 6th February – 12:00 – 16:00
Beech Avenue, Basford, Nottingham NG7 7LS
|Shoe Aid – Making a Difference and Changing Lives||Mayor attending.|
Monday 9th March – 10:00
Council Office, Foster Avenue, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 1AB
‘Fly a Flag for the Commonwealth’ Ceremony
|Friday 20th March – 10:00
Carnegie Civic & Community Centre, Warren Avenue, Stapleford NG9 8EY
|Stapleford Job Fair||Mayor attending.|
|Saturday 28th March – 19:00
The Nottingham Belfry Hotel
|Broxtowe Borough Council’s ‘Roaring 20’s Charity Ball’ in aid of Nottingham Hospitals Charity||Mayor attending.|
Below is a list of the type of events attended by The Town Mayor:
- Chairing the Town Council
- Presenting flowers, from the Town Council to residents who are celebrating a special birthday or anniversary*
- Attending Civic Services
- Switching on the Christmas Tree Lights
- Attending Remembrance Services
- Judging Competitions
- Meeting Young People at various clubs youth events**
- Meeting More Mature Members of the Community at various clubs and events**
- Presenting cheques following charity fundraising events
- Opening the Carnival, Hemlock Happening, Fetes, etc.
- Visiting Schools
- Attending Civic Balls, Concerts etc
* If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the town clerk.
** If you would like the town mayor to visit a friend/relation who has a special birthday/anniversary coming up please contact the town clerk on 0115 939 1818 or e-mail email@example.com
*** If you would like the town mayor to visit your club for a special event or just to see what you get up to please contact the town clerk.
The Town Council is delighted to mark the following:
- Wedding Anniversaries – 50, 60, 70 and more years.
- Birthdays – 90, 100 and more years.